Our COPD Clinic Nurse Practitioners
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is lung disease that is caused by chronic inflammation and irritation of the airways that can cause shortness of breath, cough, and wheezing. It is often associated with smoking or exposure to second-hand smoke.
The COPD Clinic at Pulmonary Associates of Richmond is designed to work with patients that have recently been hospitalized or had a COPD flare up to:
- optimize and manage breathing medications
- prevent having to go back to the hospital
- connect patients to other resources, such as exercise programs or home health services, to support wellness
- ensure patients have ongoing follow-up and testing as needed
- in the COPD Clinic we have longer appointment times to ensure that patients and family members have the education about COPD that they need
The COPD Clinic is available at our Santa Rosa and Boulders locations.
If you or your loved one would benefit from evaluation in the COPD Clinic, please call our office at